Construction Superintendent – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (40 hours per week)
Minimum requirements: 12 months experience in construction management or related
* Obtain plans for bids on local governmental projects.
* Prepare cost estimates for all anticipated work, including trade subcontractor work and work to be
performed by our own construction crew.
* Make and obtain quotes from trade subcontractors.
* If the project is awarded, negotiate with subcontractors.
* Prepare contracts between prime contractor and each subcontractor.
* Pursue the main contract with the project owner authorities.
* Prepare preliminary notification to be filed with the project owner and prepare costs.
* Prepare project construction schedule to be submitted to the project owner.
* Conduct and attend periodic construction meetings with the project owner.
* Obtain and transmit specification and cut sheets for all major equipment to be purchased for the
project to the project owner for approval.
* Follow purchasing of the major equipment after approval and perform their installation according to
the main project construction schedule.
* Report work progress and prepare and submit monthly expense report to the project owner.
* Ensure on-site compliance with all local and state regulations, building and safety codes, and other